- Members, join our Alpine Runners Group Facebook Page take part in discussions and to get the most up-to-date info on group runs and events.
- We now have group runs six days a week! For all the details visit our Training & Resources page. Thursday evening runs have moved back to Paulus Park at 6:30 through Fall and Winter!
- Our Fall Trail Running Tour has begun! Join our Facebook Group for current details on our trail runs.
- Join or renew your membership after September 1st and the rest of 2018 and all of 2019 will be included in your membership.
Join The Alpine Runners Today!
Take a moment to checkout today's featured sponsor by clicking the image below!
Alpine Runners thanks each of our sponsors. See all our different sponsors on the Our Sponsors page.
- View Printable version of the Alpine Runners Upcoming Event Calendars:
- Alpine Circuit Races:
- Alpine Runners Annual Thanksgiving Morning Run
- Join us on Thursday, November 22nd for a group run through Long Grove at 7am.
- Meet us at the Village Tavern in Long Grove for a 6-10.5 mile run.
- See complete details in the event invitation.
- Fall Running Tour resumes on Sunday, October 28th!!
2018 Alpine Runners Training Programs
Training programs are free for club members. To register you must first log on with your user name and password. Non-members must first join the club. The process is quick and easy. Click the "Join The Alpine Runners Now!" button to begin. After joining the club, click the 'Register Now' button next to the training program you wish to register for.
Join The Alpine Runners Now!
Alpine Runners will be hosting our own Bank of America Chicago Marathon Training Program starting June 9, 2018 on Saturdays in Lake Zurich and June 10, 2018 on Sundays in Busse Woods. Our training program is free with the price of your membership!! An Individual Alpine Runners membership is just $25.00 or register the whole family for only $35.00. Join us today and then train with us for no additional fees!!
Our training program includes the following:
- Informational clinic to get you started.
- Saturday and Sunday long runs with official pace group leaders.
- Aid stations every 2-3 miles stocked with water and Gatorade.
- Evening group training runs throughout the year.
- Our ever popular Alpine technical shirts can be purchased separately.
- Use of the Alpine Runner's VIP Hospitality Room at the Palmer House
So, why pay almost $200.00 for other training programs when you can get all of the benefits of a great training program when you join the club! If you got into the Bank of America Chicago Marathon, register to train with the Alpine Runners now! (Please note: Registration for the marathon is not included.)
The Alpine Runners are also offering beginning 5K training programs for the summer and fall, a fall half marathon training program, and the very popular free Kids Running Camp (Alpine Runner membership is not required to register your kids in the kids running program, it’s free to all kids!). Let your friends know the great benefits that they can get by just being a member of the Alpine Runners! Race registrations are not included.
Alpine Runners Spring 5K Training Program
Alpine Runners Half Marathon Training Program
Alpine Runners Marathon Training Program
Alpine Runners Fall 5k Training Program
Join the Alpine Runners Today!
We meet every Saturday morning at the Lake Zurich High School parking lot, 300 Church St... at 7:00 am for training/fun runs or Marathon Training! We have established courses from 4 to 22 miles, with mile markers from 1 to 20 miles. Water and Gatorade every 2 to 3 miles distributed by club volunteers. Every Saturday morning at 7:00 am we start running in groups, grouped by running pace, 7:30 minute milers to 12:00 minute milers. The groups start off a few minutes apart to avoid large crowds on the streets. If you run a 12 minute mile pace or a 7:30 minute mile pace, we have a group for you.
We welcome all runners and encourage you to give us a try, no matter what your experience is. We have runners working up to 4 miles, runners training for their first 5k, 10k, half marathon or full marathon, as well as seasoned marathon and ultramarathon runners of all sizes and speeds.
In the summer months there are pace group leaders for those training for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon or other Fall Marathons. We have supported training runs on Saturdays at 7:00 AM from the Lake Zurich High School, 300 Church St., Lake Zurich and on Sundays at 7:00 AM from Busse Woods in Schaumburg just ¼ mile east of the 53 underpass on Golf Road into Busse Woods on the south parking lot. We also have several walkers out there on Saturdays. Come for the training and the Gatorade, and you'll stay for the camaraderie!
And club members running and volunteering at the Bank of American Chicago Marathon get exclusive free access to the Club hospitality suite at the Chicago Palmer House. It is a terrific alternative to gear check, runner reunite and just staying warm before the race!
Annual single membership dues are only $25 and an annual family membership is $35.
Signing up after September 1? Your membership will be valid for the remainder of this year and all of next year!
Three year membership discounts are available for both single and family memberships.
- If you are signing up for the first time, click the "Member Signup" link on the left to enroll (it's fast and easy) or you may contact club President Beth Onines for more information.
- If you are renewing your membership, first log in to the website. If you are a Primary Member and are up for renewal, you then will see a "Renew Now" link at the top of the page. Click on it to go to the renewal page where you may renew your membership with a few mouseclicks.
NOTE: Memberships can only be renewed by the Primary member. Family members will not see the "renew" prompt.